The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
Stacking The Shelves is hosted at Tynga’s Reviews and Reading Reality and is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
Welcome to this week’s wrap-up post!
This week has been pretty mellow. Today I’m starting to get back in the swing of studying so that’ll cut down my reading time. However, I intend to take another exam in the beginning of June and since there is a lot of material to work through I’d better get going.
I’m a bit bummed about the Santino Hassell scandal. He is/they are an author I supported in the past. The book world is abuzz with allegations and condemnations and pointing fingers. I try to be Switzerland because I don’t like taking sides as long as I don’t have all the facts but it doesn’t look good for the author.
The temperatures have been rising continually and finally there is a bit of spring in the air, so that definitely raises my spirit. I hope winter stays gone – last year we had snow on April 19th and I would hate to have a repeat.
- I introduced a new meme – the first edition of WWW Wednesday and since that one is set up quickly I’ll continue posting it. I want to take up posting another one or two memes so if you have any suggestion please post in the comments. The only requirement is that it needs to be set up quickly since I work full-time and study at the same time.
- I posted only two reviews last week
That was pretty much it.
- I have one review coming up this week
- Hero by Lauren Rowe – which I’m enjoying quite a bit.
- So after that one is done I’m going to read a Historical Romance that isn’t due before March 27th: What a Difference a Duke Makes by Lenora Bell. have never read this author but I want to read at least one HR a month so this is it!
- Then I might actually start with The Last King by Katee Roberts. That should loosen up the beginning of April madness.
- Wednesday there’ll be another WWW Wednesday.
- I’m re-reading a book as audio book: HIM by Elle Kennedy and Sarina Bowen. Not sure if I’ll write a new review for it. I still love it just as much as the first time I read this book. I might just polish up my review.
And that’s all I’ve got planned for the upcoming week.
I didn’t go as crazy as I did last week in the one-click department. I only bought two books.
I received three ARCs from Harper Collins/Avon this week:
I can’t wait to start on the Jill Shalvis ones. I have read one book by her and it was love at first read.
That’s it from me – sorry for the long post. I hope y’all have an amazing upcoming week.
Before you go, let me know which books caught your attention!